- by Thomas "TJ" Gillespie
What does the M stand for on my camera / camera dial?
M stands for manual mode where you will control both the shutter speed and aperture to get the exposure you want.
Why would I photograph or take photos in manual mode?
The short answer is so that you can fully control the exposure of the picture.
Believe it or not, but as good as top–of–line, $5,000 cameras are they still don’t always get the exposure you want. Learning how to shoot in manual mode allows you to get proper exposure when the camera thinks the photograph will be either under or overexposed.
Private instruction is $80 per hour, 1 hour minimum.
After purchase you can register for class by contacting T.J. @ 954.417.6677 to sign up for one–on–one or group class.
All students can retake scheduled group sessions for free, unlimited, for 1-year after first instruction. Only limitation is that class sizes never exceed 10 and classes are first come, first serve.
- Great starter book
- Medium sized travel book. Beginner - Intermediate
- Capturing the Eye, Fall Colors and Unreal Blur (PDF)
- Portraits, Flowers and Silhouettes (PDF)
- Unusual Point of View, Glowing Light, Stopping Action and Showing Action (PDF)
- Ultimate Field Guide to Photography (PDF)